Flag Request Description
My office will gladly assist you in requesting a flag to be flown over the Capitol. With your flag, you will receive a certificate to commemorate the event. It can be personalized with a person’s name, the occasion for which the flag is being flown, as well as a specific date.
There is a fee associated with receiving a flag flown over the Capitol. Please include a check (please no starter checks) or money order made out to The Keeper of the Stationery, along with a completed Flag Form to:
Dirksen Senate Office BuildingRoom 521Washington, DC 20510
Payment must be received before we can process your flag request. Due to security delays, please send in your Flag Form and payment six weeks prior to the date you would like to have the flag flown. After your flag is flown, please allow 4-6 weeks for its delivery. Please place your order no more than four months in advance of the date on which you want the flag flown.
If you have any further questions, please regard the “Flag FAQs” below or contact my office at (202) 224-6521.
***Prices include shipping***
- How can I get a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol?
- Can I have a flag flown without having a special reason?
- Can I have a flag flown on a certain day?
- Can I receive a flag on a specific date?
- May I pay with a credit card?
- May I purchase a flag without having it flown over the Capitol? Does it cost less?
- Can my flag certificate have a different date from the date it was actually flown?
- 1. How can I get a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol?
Complete the flag request form (PDF format). If you have trouble downloading the form, please contact us at (202) 224-6521. Mail the completed form along with payment to the following address. The check or money order should be made payable to The Keeper of the Stationery.
Office of Senator Jerry MoranDirksen Senate Office BuildingRoom 521Washington, DC 20510ATTN: Flag Coordinator return to top
- 2. Can I have a flag flown without having a special reason?
- Many constituents choose to have a flag flown for a particular occasion like an anniversary, a birthday, a retirement, etc., but that is not necessary. A flag can be flown without giving us a reason or a specific date. return to top
- 3. Can I have a flag flown on a certain day?
- We can have a flag flown on any date you choose if we receive your request early enough. Due to security reasons, there is a one to two week delay in mail delivery to our office. return to top
- 4. Can I receive a flag on a specific date?
- Normally you will receive your flag six to eight weeks after we have received your request. However, we cannot guarantee you will receive a flag on or before a specific date. There can be other factors causing a delay in receiving your flag, i.e. the number of flag requests, incorrect information on payment, mail delays, and specific date requests (we are unable to process the request until 14 days before the date). Please contact my flag coordinator at (202) 224-6521 before the date you need the flag so we can check the status of your request. return to top
- 5. May I pay with a credit card?
- No, unfortunately we can only accept a check, money order or cash. Cash should be hand delivered. Checks and money orders should be made payable to The Keeper of the Stationery. return to top
- 6. May I purchase a flag without having it flown over the Capitol? Does it cost less?
- You can purchase a flag without having it flown over the Capitol. The flying fee of $5.00 would not be included in the total amount for your order. return to top
- 7. Can my flag certificate have a different date from the date it was actually flown?
- The Architect of the Capitol certifies that the flag was flown on a certain date and will only print that date on the certificate. return to top