The United States Senate Committee on Appropriations has jurisdiction over all discretionary spending legislation in the Senate. This committee provides members with an opportunity to provide oversight of federal spending.
- Ranking Member – Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on Defense
- Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on State and Foreign Operations
For more information on FY2022 Congressionally Directed Spending requests, please click here.
Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee:
The United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs has jurisdiction over international economic policy as it affects United States monetary affairs, credit and financial institutions. This committee also studies and reviews economic growth, urban affairs and credit on a comprehensive basis.
- Subcommittee on Housing Transportation and Community Development
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance and Investment
Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee:
The United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation has a vast range of issues under its jurisdiction. These issues range from communications, highways, aviation, rail, shipping, transportation security, merchant marine, the Coast Guard, oceans, fisheries, climate change, disasters, science, space, interstate commerce, tourism, consumer issues, economic development, technology, competitiveness, product safety and insurance.
- Subcommittee on Communications, Media and Broadband
- Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety and Data Security
- Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation
- Subcommittee on Space and Science
Health, Education Labor and Pensions Committee:
The United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, commonly referred to as HELP, has broad jurisdiction over our country’s health care, education, employment and retirement policies, including public health, biomedical research and development, agricultural colleges, child labor, individuals with disabilities, labor standards and disputes, occupational safety and health, railway labor and retirement, students loans and wages and hours of labor.
- Subcommittee on Children and Families
- Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
Indian Affairs Committee:
The United States Senate Committee on Indian Affairs has jurisdiction to study the unique problems of American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaska Native peoples and to propose legislation to alleviate these difficulties. These issues include, but are not limited to, Indian education, economic development, land management, trust responsibilities, health care and claims against the United States.
Ranking Member - Veterans' Affairs Committee:
The United States Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs has jurisdiction over compensation of veterans, life insurance issued by the Government due to military service, national cemeteries, pensions and readjustment of servicemembers to civil life.