Request Assistance with a Federal Agency

If you are a Kansas resident and can’t get an answer from a federal agency in a timely manner, or if you have questions about a program or process, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. Although we cannot circumvent agency rules, force a decision in your favor, or change a decision that is already final, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and deserved response to your problem.

If you are encountering problems associated with state government or a state agency such as, the Kansas Department of Revenue, Department of Children and Families, etc. please contact the Governor of the State of Kansas at 785-368-8500.

Please note, due to the separation of the executive and judicial branches of government, my office cannot intervene in matters involving criminal and civil legal cases. If you are seeking assistance with legal matters, we are unable to assist. In these circumstances a constituent may contact the Kansas Bar Association at 1-800-928-3111 or Kansas Legal Services at 1-800-723-6953 to seek assistance addressing these types of concerns.

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C § 552a) requires that Members of Congress have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual’s case. We must have your handwritten, non-digital signature to proceed with your request.

IMPORTANT: If you are requesting assistance with an immigration matter (immigrant or non-immigrant), please complete the “Privacy Release Form - Immigration Casework.” For all other casework matters, please use our Privacy Release Form.

Please complete the appropriate form below and submit it to:

U.S. Senator Jerry Moran
P.O. Box 249
Hays, KS 67601

Fax: (785) 628-3791

If you have an urgent request, please contact my Hays office at 785-628-6401.