Selection Board will review applications and interview candidates for admission to U.S. Service Academies
Oct 18 2021
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) today announced members of his 2021 Service Academy Selection Board. The board will review applications and interview candidates who are applying for admission to U.S. Service Academies.
“Nominating Kansas students to attend service academies is one of my greatest responsibilities as a United States Senator,” said Sen. Moran. “I am proud of these students for their desire to serve our nation, and I am grateful to my Service Academy Selection Board for the thoughtful consideration and time they put into the interview and selection process. These students represent Kansas’ best qualities – hardworking, dedicated and humble – and I look forward to receiving the selection board’s recommendations and meeting with these students in-person.”
Applicants will be interviewed by the selection board on October 30 in Hutchinson. The U.S. Service Academies include the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy and U.S. Merchant Marine Academy.
Media are invited to attend the interview selection event on October 30. Questions about the event may be directed to Angela_Lingg@moran.senate.gov.
Sen. Moran’s 2021 Service Academy Selection Board:
- Leslie Alford of Manhattan – Owner, Destiny Real Estate, retired Army Lieutenant Colonel;
- Jill Arensdorf, Ph.D. of Hays – Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Professor, Leadership Studies, Fort Hays State University;
- Judy Bauer of Leavenworth – Vice President, Henry Leavenworth Chapter Association of the U.S. Army;
- Lt. Col. (RET) Bob Brock of Topeka – Director of Aviation, Kansas Department of Transportation, U.S. Air Force veteran;
- Myca Bunch of Garden City – President, Garden City Area Chamber of Commerce, U.S. Air Force veteran;
- Dennis Butler of Manhattan – Director, Riley County Police Department;
- Jean Clifford of Garden City – Member, Kansas State Board of Education, retired U.S. Air Force Judge Advocate;
- Bill Ebel of Overland Park – City Manager, City of Overland Park, U.S. Military Academy graduate;
- Mike Heldstab of Wichita – Owner, Michael Morgan Investments, Honorary Commander, McConnell Air Force Base;
- Brian Kessens of Overland Park – Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager – Energy, TortoiseEcofin, U.S. Military Academy graduate;
- Ryan Kriegshauser of Olathe – Partner, Kriegshauser Ney Law Group, Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve;
- Marri Krupco of Blue Mound – Commander, Kansas American Legion;
- Sara Lewis of Fairway – Former Naval Aviator and former USNA Adjunct Professor, U.S. Naval Academy graduate;
- Martin Miller of Great Bend – Manager, Great Bend Municipal Airport, U.S. Air Force Academy graduate;
- Jason Pomeroy of Hesston – Farmer, Director of Operations for Something Outta Nothing, Bronze Star for Valor recipient, U.S. Military Academy graduate;
- Sean Ritchie of Wichita – Cargill North American Operations Lead, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy graduate;
- Halley Roberson of Oberlin – City Administrator, City of Oberlin, U.S. Army veteran;
- Greg Smith of Overland Park – Executive Director, The Kelsey Smith Foundation, Inc., U.S. Navy veteran;
- Laah Tucker of Natoma – Community volunteer and veterans advocate;
- Ron Whitney of Emporia – American Legion member, Veterans of Foreign Wars member, U.S. Army veteran;
- Jacob Wood of Salina – Deputy City Manager, City of Salina, Major U.S. Army Reserves.
# # #