WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) – a member of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense – today applauded the Senate passage of the FY2022 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which included provisions supported by Sen. Moran.
“The men and women serving in our military work every day to keep us safe, and I’m pleased this important authorizing bill provides our troops with an across-the-board pay raise and critical new resources to support their mission,” said Sen. Moran. “As threats from China and Russia build overseas, it is vital that we provide our military with the resources they need to defend our freedoms and protect the homeland.
“This bipartisan bill also brings new jobs and resources to military bases and defense contractors in Kansas,” continued Sen. Moran. “I’m especially pleased this legislation ensures the future Global War on Terrorism Memorial will be located on the National Mall to honor the thousands of men and women who have served, and are still serving, our country during the War on Terrorism.”
Sen. Moran’s Priorities included in the NDAA:
- Designate the Global War on Terrorism Memorial to be located on the National Mall;
- Conduct a study on military spouse employment;
- Approve construction of a new daycare facility on Fort Leavenworth;
- Expand and improve the Kansas National Guard’s Joint Forces Headquarters building; and
- Authorize the establishment of the independent Afghanistan War Commission to examine the full scope of the war.
# # #